Friday, August 9, 2013

Arabia: Lost and Found




I have titled this blog as Arabia: Lost and Found because my current residence in Kuwait is a part of the Arabian Peninsula.  Many people who live in or come to Kuwait are lost, both spiritually and culturally, but many become found in God and in Christ because of their time here.    

I have lived in Kuwait for the past five years, and I've started this blog to share what that experience is like. My wife and I are from the United States, and as educators, we have the benefit of going back in the summers as well as traveling throughout the school year.

I am also a Christian, and that is one of the reasons I decided to move to the Middle East. Jesus saved me when I was 15, and I have been interested in missions and travel, fueled by spending a semester in South Africa while in college.

I am hoping to catalog some of my experiences living in the Middle East. This includes my experience with the church I am involved in, which is a thriving international community of believers and is one of the strongest churches in the Middle East. I also hope to share my interactions with Muslims, whether they are through work or other social functions. Finally, I will share some of my anecdotes about learning Arabic, which has been both a difficult and humorous struggle.

I hope that this blog will be an encouragement to myself and others to interact and build relationships with Muslims, because they are people just like anyone else. They need the love of Jesus just like me. I also hope that this will be used to give people an accurate picture of what living in a middle eastern country is like, and share some of my experiences interacting with people of other religions and cultures, and my interpretations of Muslim life. Hopefully this will be both informative and entertaining to all people.

2 comments: